Monday, July 14, 2008

Copyright and Fair Use

I'm not sure I was really surprised by any of the issues more than I was overwhelmed by restrictions we have to live by. Since I use many images from the Internet on my Power Point presentations, I'm not going to be able to put them on my class website next year as I had planned to. I guess the best way to make sure the projects don't violate copyright laws is to educate the students on copyright issues before they even start their projects. I'll go over the issues involving copyrighting and give them a list of safe sights where they can find the information they need for their projects. Also, they are 7th graders and I had most of them last year for a study skills class in which one of the important things they learned was how to properly reference all information and images taken from the Internet (I hope).

Dennis

No comments: